While you’re on the hunt for off-campus housing by KU, you may discover that most student apartments come fully furnished. There are good things and bad things about fully furnished apartments.
- The furniture in your university apartment by KU might be ugly. You can always get couch covers, cute throw pillows, and more. So it’s not the worst, but it is annoying when you’re not allowed to get rid of that ugly dresser.
- No space for different furniture you may want – you find a super cute side table at Ikea, but your room is already furnished and you can’t move stuff or get rid of stuff to fit the table in. Pro tip: If your KU student housing is full of furniture you can’t get rid of, don’t go to Ikea.
- The furniture is probably used. Student apartments by KU do get new furniture occasionally, but that bed frame has probably been in there for 5+ years.
- Save money – furniture is expensive. Furnishing a whole apartment is not cheap, so moving into a fully furnished university apartment by KU will save you upfront costs.
- You don’t have to move furniture, which is especially nice if you aren’t living in the apartment long term. Moving furniture to the third floor of your off-campus housing by KU is not easy.
- Save time. You don’t have to spend time shopping for or moving furniture.
- It’s less stressful when you can just bring your personal belongings and not worry about furniture, kind of like in a hotel.
- No risk of damaging things while moving the furniture. Have you ever dented a wall while carrying some heavy furniture? If your KU student housing is fully furnished, you won’t have to worry about that!
Depending on your stage of life, a KU student apartment that’s fully furnished may or may not be for you. If you’re looking to save time and money and avoid stress, a furnished apartment may be right for you! If you’re still on the hunt for housing near KU, we hope you’ll consider Orchard Corners!